Sunday 11 October 2015

The Perfect Sunday

perfect sunday
"A Sunday well spent brings a week of content"

I'm a stronger believer in lazy Sundays. Saturdays are for adventures... or more realistically getting things done that you didn't have time to do during the week! Sundays are reserved to get into snuggley clothes, or maybe even just stay in pjs, then do whatever you want to do to relax before another week begins! Being the crazy 21 year old that I am, you won't find me hungover on a Sunday as I like to make sure I can do more than just waste the day curled up in my duvet #grannylife.

And this is how my perfect Sundays go...

9:00am 
Drag myself out of bed, gone are the days of being a student when a lie in meant not getting up before 11! To me, getting up at this time makes me feel like I've caught up on sleep but not wasting too much of my day cocooned.Then it's time for pancakes! My cooked breakfast skills are minimal and I'm not usually in the mood for a fry up but I have recently mastered pancakes. These will be traditionally filled with lemon and sugar or less conventionally, smothered in Tesco Bourbon spread (if you haven't tried this you are missing out!)

10.30am
After breakfast is all done and cleared up, time to have a nice long shower! Maybe then even do a face mask, do my nails etc! Then find something to do until lunch.Today has so far consisted of chilling out with the boyfriend while he watches the Grand Prix.

1.30pm
Make some lunch - usually whatever we can find as we've been too lazy to go food shopping. After lunch continue to chill out! If I wasn't too lazy and it was truly a perfect Sunday, I'd probably have a nice pasta salad!

3:00pm
Usually around this time I'm in need of some fresh air so I'll head down to the beach. Only a ten minute walk to the cliff top it would be rude not to head to the beach for a stroll (and maybe a mister whippy ice cream). My weekends aren't complete without visiting the sea, I can't imagine the sadness I would experience if I didn't live near the coast!
Bournemouth Beach
5:00pm 
The perfect Sunday definitely includes not having to cook but eating a scrummy roast dinner so I'll 
head over to my parents to catch up and eat dinner there. Tonight my Mum is making apple crumble
oh yeaaaaah!

8:00pm
Back home and to Face-time my boyfriend’s parents , who early this year moved to the US, and be jealous that they're still having nice weather, say hello to the puppy and catch up on any news! I can't wait to go over there again in November!

9:00pm
 TV on and I'll find something to watch for a little while and feel sad about the miserable fact that tomorrow will be Monday boooo. While suffering pre Monday blues, I'll usually write a to do list for the week to make myself feel organised and motivated for the week ahead.

10.30pm 
Get ready for bed and snuggle up with my kindle and read a few chapters of a book. I'm currently reading  Every Day by David Levithan, it's okay so far but has really got me gripped yet. If you've got any book recommendation then please let me know!

11.00pm 
…And sleep! Zzzzzzz

How would your perfect Sunday be? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowandbuttons

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment