Saturday 5 March 2016

Birchbox March Review

 Maybe beauty boxes just aren't for me. Maybe I'm too picky and don't like surprises as much as I think I do? I see other blogs with their reviews of beauty boxes with well-known brands and high end samples. Me? I seem to end up with all the rubbish that no one wants to get!

I thought I'd change to Birchbox after being super impressed with what I had seen on other blogs. This is my second box. The first one was a bit meh. This box was even more of a disappointment. Looking at the menu for this month I was so really intrigued, there were products from This Works and LanoLips and last month featured The Balm and  Ole Henriksen. So why do I end up with sachets and toothpaste?!
ARROW Colour Enhancing Lip Balm
 It's cruelty-free, paraben-free and vegan! It's one of those lip products which adjusts to the PH of your lips so the colour is unique on you. It's very easy and turned out a pretty pink colour on me. Probably wouldn't pay £11 for it though...

ModelCo More Brows
Apparently a full size product(?!) It;s tiny! I'll give this a whirl as I've never used a gel on my brows. It's probably not going to stop me using the brow kit I use every single day!

Polaar Night Cream
A sneaky tube that looks like it will have a decent amount of product in but is actually half empty. However it will be useful to take travelling.

Indeed Labs Hydralauron Moisture Boosting Mask
Hydrating sheet mask with Hyaluronic acid which I'll definitely use. I will probably save this for next I have a long flight and my skin needs a boost!

Amika Nourishing Mask
A sachet?! A sachet of hair mask... I don't really understand what I've spent my money on this month!

Regenerate Enamel Science Advanced Toothpaste
Really?! REALLY?! I treat myself to a beauty box each month because I want TREATS not boring old toothpaste! Just why is this even in my box?! 
I think what disappoints me most is I receive products from brands I've never heard of. And they're not brands bloggers are talking about either. I know the whole point of these boxes is to try something new blah blah  blah but the sort of things I'm getting I wouldn't actually even want to purchase (i.e. expensive toothpaste).

I think I may say goodbye to Birchbox and move onto another box after only two month. So please send your beauty box suggestions my way!

What did you think of this months Birchbox? What products did you receive! Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment