Saturday 17 October 2015

How I Stay Happy and Healthy. Part Two.


So part one of these posts talked about how I ensure I feel physically healthy and this post is how I stay feeling positive and good about myself (the fruit is slightly misleading I know!). I think that doing things that keep you physically feeling good and things that make you feel positive often go hand in hand, such as things I mentioned in my last post like exercise. However I want to talk about the little things you can do which will keep the stress at bay and that I find helpful!

Write To Do lists
I find having in front of me a list of everything I need to do a lot less overwhelming than just thinking Ahhh I have so much to do! Also there's nothing quite as satisfying as seeing tasks slowly get ticked off!

Plan your week
If you're not into to do lists, just take some time on a Sunday night to reflect on the past week and think of what you're doing the following week so you feel mentally prepared and know whether you've got a busy week ahead or whether there's room to add in some exciting plans!

Take time to relax 
Take a break and do something you love. Whether this be reading a book. some blog posts or doing something creative ( I highly recommend adult colouring!).Having some time to yourself can often reduce stress and make you feel refreshed.

Pamper
Take time out to pamper yourself without the worry of having to be somewhere. I like to spend an evening every now and then just bumbling about, have a nice long shower and maybe do a face mask. It's amazing how refreshed it can leave you feeling! I find the best day to do this is on a Sunday night so you feel ready for another week, whatever life might throw at you. 

Resolve problems and anything your anxious about ASAP!
And what I mean by this is, do not put things off! I'm so bad at doing this, whether it's a phone call I don't want to make or replying to emails. But once I've got things done that I don't want to do it makes everything else seem a lot less stressful!

Think of the positives
No matter how bad you're day has been, be grateful for what you do have and put things in perspective. Also if you're not happy, think about what's make you unhappy. Over the last few months I've made a stand and if something is making me unhappy and it can be changed then I've been trying my best to make sure I don't put up with it! Sometimes this isn't always as easy as it sounds but create yourself some goals to get yourself to where you want to be and how you're going to do it!

Do you have any tips for staying positive and not getting stressed? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons. And be sure to make sure you read part one of this post!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment