Saturday 3 October 2015

Blogging Goals

I could say I want more followers or that I want to see increasing traffic to my blog. And of course I do, I would like all those sort of things but to me blogging is more of a personal thing; a journey of my writing and being a writer rather than wanting to be a big blogger over night. I'm not saying that that wouldn't be nice but for me, my blog is not about ulterior motives but personal development. Anyhow now that I'm back blogging I thought it would be a good time to set myself a few goals!

1. Blog more and be consistent!
I started blogging in February last year and ever since I've worked on my blog on and off. I admit, I've compared myself to others and its been demotivating. I've also been demotivated due to feeling like no one ever reads my content and question whether I'm just talking to myself. But ultimately, this blog is for me. There's no pressure. No one is telling me what to blog about or what not to blog about so from now on if I want to blog about something I will. I'm not forcing myself to unwillingly commit to blogging but I want to make sure I make time for it as it's something I thoroughly enjoy and I haven't dedicated the time to it that I want.

2. Meet bloggers and be part of the community
I've never been to a blogger event. I've received a couple of invites but nothing that has really struck me as worthwhile to get up to London for. Only the other day I opened my inbox to see I'd be invited to one... to learn how to fish!I would love to meet some bloggers in my area - I'm currently helping a fellow blogger organize something locally which is something I'm really looking forward to!

3. Opportunities
Keep my eyes peeled for opportunities for my blog. I'd definitely love to work with more brands as its such a great experience. Blogging offers so many opportunities- to attend events, meeting amazing people and develop your skills!

4. Social Media
 I  confess I do predominantly rely on Twitter for promoting my blog and chatting with other bloggers. I just haven't had the time to set up other platforms but this is something I'm really keen to change! It's just hard as I want to keep some accounts (i.e my Instagram) private which means having multiple accounts etc #bloggerproblems .

5. Improve my writing
I love writing and I know I'm not particularly good at actually writing. But being good at writing and being a good writer are separate in my opinion. My punctuation may not always be correct and I'm not very good at spelling but I have a passion for writing and it just seems to be part of who I am (deep...). 

Do you have any blog goals? I'd love to know! Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment