Thursday 1 October 2015

September- Monthly Update

september blog
For some reason September seemed to go on and on. I'm not sure why but for me it's always been a bit an odd month that seems to drag, I had thought it was the torture of summer ending and school/college/university starting again. Apparently not. This was the first September I've been out of education since starting school when I was four (so weird!). In September I graduated from University with a 1st class honours degree, I don't know why but I wasn't really excited for graduation, I really just wanted it over and done with. I expected it to be like one of those cringey awards evenings at school where everyone gets extremely bored and is staring at the clock thinking "how much longer do we have to clap for?". Despite a lot of clapping being involved, graduation was not what I expected and I had such a good time celebrating what I had achieved over the least 3 years and of course wearing the lovely gown and hat! 

However for all those students out there - I will give you a heads up, graduate life is not all you hope it to be. Job offers don't come flying your way and you think you're poor being a student? Wait until you finish Uni! I'll save the negativity and moaning about post uni for another time...
ludo lounge
Another significant thing that happened this month is one of my longest and closest friends leaving to go on her New Zealand adventure. Currently on a years working holiday VISA, she's exploring and documenting all her journey on a blog > exploreacorner.wordpress.com/ - which you should definitely take some time to read and see what she's been doing since she arrived there mid September!

Also at the end of September, I booked flights to go out to New York (again) at the end of November (wooooo!). I'm so excited about going, despite only having been in June! It's going to be so nice seeing everywhere looking Autumnal, the city getting ready for Christmas and of course celebrating Thankgiving!

In October I'm going to be blogging everyday as part of #blogtober, trying to get a bit healthier and attempting to feel a bit more positive after a bit of a negative time this month!

What did you get in September? Do you have any goals for October? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment