Wednesday 7 October 2015

25 Things To Do Before I Turn 25

25 things to do before I turn 25For me, writing a bucket list just seems... overwhelming. So instead I've got a list of things I'd like to accomplish before I hit 25! I'm currently 21 so that gives me a few more years to hopefully complete all the things on this list!

1. See more places in America.
For the first time this year I went out of Europe and headed to the United States to visit New York and Connecticut. I'm really keen to visit more states, to name a few; California, Florida and Nevada (Las Vegas!).

2. Go to New York around Christmas time
This is kind of cheating because I know I'm doing it... I'll be going to New York (again) to celebrate Thanksgiving and early Christmas in November. It'll be so nice to see the city in a different season and I can't wait to see all the Christmas shop windows on 5th avenue!

3. Visit Iceland and Blue Lagoon
It looks like the most relaxing place on earth, need I say more?

4. Explore more of my local area!
Do you ever find you just go to the same places over and over in the area you live? I certainly do and want this to change.

5. Go to more places in Europe
Definitely Italy and Germany!

6. Be better at saving money and have savings!
I wouldn't say I'm bad with my finances and am always conscious of things I'm buying, however I definitely think I could save on a few things. I'd love to be able to save up money to buy a few things...

7... Maybe even a deposit for my own home. 
Unlikely to happen before I'm 25 but I can dream and work hard!

8. Find a career I love
Go ahead, cynics tell me that no one ever finds their dream job and that you still don't know what you want to do. Well, I want to gain experience and find opportunities that allow me to work in a job I love!

9.  Volunteer again
Whilst at Uni I did some volunteering and would love to find some more volunteer work again!

10. Get better at cooking
Be able to actually cook a meal from scratch rather than just shoving something in the oven. Even though I hate cooking I think I'd feel proud of myself if I could whip up a nice meal myself.

11. Be able to make amazing cakes
Inspired by the Great British Bake Off... obviously! Homemade cakes taste so much better than shop bought.

12. Disney!
I've only been to Disney once when I was younger and I want to go now I'm 21... no shame!

13. Get noticed for my writing
I'd love to write a book one day, have a column maybe... a girl can dream!

14. Learn how to deal with stress and how my body reacts to stress
Knowing how to cope with everyday stresses and fears would make life so much easier sometimes. It's taking time but stress is all the mind...

15. Read 100 books
No idea if it is possible but would be pretty cool to be able to say I have!

16. Go on holiday/weekend away with my sister
Before she heads off to Uni next September I think it would be so much of an adventure if it was just us going somewhere.

17. Become a morning person
I hate mornings and I've attempted this several times but always failed.

18. Be able to make cocktails
Such a rip off for what they are and I'm sure with a bit of practice I could make them taste just as good!

19. Watch more classic films
I'm that person who hasn't see any of the IMBD top rated (except the Disney films...)! 

20.  Keep a scrapbook of memories and document life through photos
For my 21st I recieved a scrapbook and I've been slowly collecting bits and bobs for it. I want to fill it with photos and memories of these years of my life. I think I'll start this when the winter nights draw in and I need something to do.

21. Snorkeling
You'll notice this list isn't full of doing crazy adventure sports, I have no urge to bungee jump, skydive etc! However snorkeling is something I'd love to, I wouldn't be able to dive as the whole breathing thing just make me feel a bit panicky but I'd love to snorkel somewhere tropical

22. Become more confident
I'm definitely more confident compared to before Uni. With life experience comes confidence!

23. Know what makeup/clothes flatter me
I love clothes and I love makeup. But do I actually know what suits me best or flatters me? Not really...

24. Find a good way to stay active
I've tried running, I've tried the gym... and although I like both, they don't fit into my lifestyle. I need a good way to keep active that I can fit into my daily routine.

25. Eat more healthily
I don't believe in dieting but eating certain things in moderation is a must. Easier said than done... Hello big bar of chocolate, tub of icecream and chips.

Have you got any goals you'd like to achieve before your next birthday milestone? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x 

1 comment:

  1. The blog you have produced is really fantastic and I promise to come again to increase me in knowledge. I need concrete information about the products like wholesale womens clothing uk. This is because I need to initiate the business of the products.
    womens clothing supplier

    ReplyDelete