Thursday 15 October 2015

My Love Hate Relationship with Autumn/Winter

Does anyone else always really look forward to Autumn and Winter but forget how cold and miserable it can be? I hope I'm not the only one! But there is sooo much to be excited about this season and while moaning about being cold, I do have a few good reasons for liking these upcoming months.
 Christmas 
Too early for the C word? Sorry not sorry... But my Christmas celebrations are going to be starting early this year when I head over to the US next month. I love seeing all the Christmas decorations going up, fairy lights feeling festive. Also I can't not mention the return of the mince pies nomnomn

Snuggley clothes 
Coming home from being in the cold and getting into cosy clothes = perfection. I love winter clothes, jumpers, fluffy socks, onesies - you name it I love anything snuggley.

Bonfire night
I do love a good firework display and bonfire to huddle around. I've no idea what I'll be doing this year but as long as it invovles fireworks and a toffee apple or two, I will be happy!

The colours of Autumn
The leaves changing colours. Need I say more?! This year I'll hopefully be able to see 
all these colours in no better place than Central Park in NYC eeeeeek!

Hot drinks
Winter comes around and suddenly I have a new found appreciation for hot drinks. Especially hot chocolates (with lots and lots of marshmallows). 
The cold
Brrrr. I always am shocked by the sudden drop in temperature last week I was fine wearing a hoodie out now suddenly I can't go outside without my winter coat!

The dark 
Although this happens every year and the sudden dark evenings shock me. I hate the dark evenings and leaving work and it being dark. 

Christmas Shopping
Don't get me wrong, I love give giving. What I do not like is having to deal with the stress of not knowing what to get anyone and no one telling me what the want. Every year I wish I could be one of those organised people that gets all their shopping early! 

The rain
Not much else to say except as if its bad enough that it's freezing cold, getting soggy clothes and frizzy hairs is just not my idea of fun .

Do you have a love hate relationship with Winter too? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment