Sunday 16 March 2014

LUSH Shower Gels and Candy Mountain Bubble Bar Review.


I thought it would be quite nice to write a little post on a few LUSH bath and shower products, as so far my reviews have heavily focused on skincare! (see my latest LUSH haul here).

The bubble bar shown is Candy Mountain, it was part of the 2013 Christmas collection. I purchased this for myself quite a while ago, however I only got round to using it last night! I'm not sure if this is part of the Christmas collection every year but I thought it would be worth showing and just giving a mini review on it as I really enjoyed using it!

The main ingredient of this bubble bar is Fair trade vanilla absolute (for full ingredients go on the LUSH website here), which makes it smell so sweet and well, like candy! It reminds me of the Snow Fairy shower gel (see below!). So if you are obsessed with that scent, like me, you'd definitely love this! The scent stays on your skin for quite a while after using and I found it made my feel skin incredibly soft, this is the first bubble bar I've tried but they do claim to be more moisturizing than the bath bombs. As you can see from the photos it made tons of bubbles! I used the whole thing, but I definitely think it could be used for at least two baths! There is glitter in this product but it's very fine and doesn't stay on your skin but, along with the colour, it makes the bath look very girly!



The LUSH shower gels shown below Prince Charming, Snow Fairy and It's Raining Men are the only shower gels I've tried so far from LUSH. Snow Fairy is definitely my all time favourite, unfortunately its part of the Christmas collection, and sadly I didn't stock up and I'm almost out! Next, Prince Charming, which was part of the Valentine's collection, I have a love hate relationship with this shower gel, it's a very... unique scent and very hard to describe! It's very sweet but not in the same way as Snow Fairy, although it smells strong while using, it leaves a lovely scent on your skin. Its Raining men is one of my latest LUSH purchases, it's certainly not my favourite but it's very fresh and moisturizing. I think my problem is with the shower gels is that nothing lives up to the perfection of Snow Fairy!

 I really want to try out Flying Fox shower gel and I'm also keen to see what the shower jellies are like. Although, it is a shame LUSH don't have a sweet candy scented shower gel as part of their permanent collection as I'm pretty sure that's all I would purchase and use!

Have you tried any of the LUSH shower gels? Which is your favourite? 

Have you seen my LUSH collection? Click here to see all the LUSH products I'm currently using! A new LUSH haul post and updated collection will be up soon!


Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment