Sunday 9 March 2014

First Impressions: LUSH Ultraband Facial Cleanser

On my recent trip  to LUSH (see my Mini LUSH Haul post) I purchased the Ultrabland facial cleanser. I've been trying to find some new skincare products as my eczema prone skin has been playing up recently so I need something less harsh on my skin, the micellar water I was using has dried out the skin around my eyes. I'd seen quite a few positive reviews about this product so thought it was worth a try!

Ultrabland is a gentle cleanser and which contains almond oil, rose water, beeswax and honey (read the full list of description here on the LUSH website). I haven't been using this product long enough to say for definite if I'll repurchase but so far so good!



  PROS:

-Very gentle on the skin.

-Leaves my skin feeling very soft and fresh.

-Soothes my eczema and dry patches.

-Easy to apply and wash off (I usually apply then wipe off with a damp cotton wool pad then use my Eau Roma Water).
    
CONS:
- It does feels slightly greasy on the skin (but it is described oily so I'm not sure what I was expecting- duh!) but doesn't leave skin feeling oily at all once washed off!

-This product smells a bit weird in the pot (however, you kind of get over the smell once it's on your face and it could be a lot worse! A lot of people say it doesn't really smell of anything, so maybe it's just me!

OVERALL:
I really like this product so far and am using it daily as part of my night time skin routine, I can't be so sure if I'll repurchase just yet as I'm not sure if this is definitely the cleanser for me but so long as it doesn't cause any breakouts on make my skin any worse then I would consider continuing to use this! I'm also worried about how long it will last me, it wasn't particularly cheap but if it takes a few months for me to use up then I can justify it!



Have you tried this cleanser? If so what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!


Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment