Friday 10 October 2014

Belissmo Lips Review*


 "An amazing lip product that's going to make sure you shine! This product is gentle but designed to stay on for up to 12 hours. You're free to eat & drink as long as you avoid hot drinks & greasy food"

The product
Recently, I was given opportunity to try out the new launch from Belissmo boutique; Belissmo lips, I was curious as to what the hype was surrounding this product and the fact that has made it into Topshop stores I must admit heightened my curiosity! The product retails at £13.00 (price includes packaging!) and is essentially a glittery lipstick.

Application
This product is really quick and easy to apply and the texture was not at all what I expected, I thought it might feel gritty, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it felt (well as smooth as glitter can feel, if you catch my drift?). On the other hand, I wasn't so fond of the glue, I felt very weird putting glue on my lips in the first place and it made them feel a bit stiff even though I hardly applied any like it said to. Overall, I thought application was going to be a complete mess, however, it was very simple and caused little to no mess.

The finished look
In relation to how this appears on lips, without sounding stupid, it is VERY glittery so if glitter and sparkle this is the perfect product for you! For me, it is definitely something I would not wear on a daily basis. However, for a night out instead of struggling to find a long lasting lipstick this is the perfect alternative! Although my boyfriend did point out that no guy would ever kiss you so maybe don't wear it if that's your aim for you night, if you know what I mean! 

Final thoughts
If I were to wear this product, I definitely would choose a darker colour! I think this product would be a great addition to a Christmas party IF it was in maybe a deep red. I'm not entirely sure if I would purchase this product myself but like the idea and think the product does what it says on the label! 

One last thing!
However, although I wasn't 100% into this product, looking on the Belissmo website it's worth checking out because they have loads of other stuff ranging from Clothing to Homeware!

Do you like the finished look? Would you try Belissmo lips? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @simplyhayleyx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13013701/?claim=gyks7kkpv96">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hayley x


No comments:

Post a Comment