Saturday 1 February 2014

Mini LUSH Haul

On the last day of January, after not feeling great for the last few weeks and wanting to reward myself for some good coursework grades I decided to pop into my local LUSH store. I only picked up a few things as I still have a lot of bath bombs that I received at Christmas, but I fancied buying a few things that I could use to add a little bit of the gorgeous LUSH scent and pampering to my everyday routine. I purchased American Dream hair conditioner, Prince Charming shower gel (Valentines collection), Dream Cream and Close To You massage bar (Valentines collection).
 
 Close To You Massage bar- I've been wanting to try out a LUSH massage bar for a while but thought I'd wait until the Valentines day products were released to see if there was anything else and I'm so glad I did! The scent of this bar is extremely sweet and perfect for anyone who loves the Snow Fairy scent, it reminds me quite a bit of it. On the LUSH website it says it is scented with "Fair Trade vanilla absolute" which makes it smell gorgeous! What is even cuter is that the inspiration for the shape came from the Jammie Dodger Biscuit! I'm yet to test out this product, so can't full say what I think of it, although just by the smell I'm already rating it pretty highly already. The only thing that concerns me about this product is just how easily it melts, as soon as you have it in your hands it seems to begin to become very soft.

Dream Cream Hand & Body lotion- This product is their number one bestseller, it's described as a simple cream which with ingredients that soothe and cools upset skin. Over the years I've had a lot of trouble with eczema, mainly on my arms and legs. . I try to not use harsh products on my skin, I try to use what the doctor recommends but it never seems to work. For the last year or so, it's settled down dramatically, all except one place on my arm (the inside of my elbow) and everything I seem to put on it makes it more itchy and irritated.

I'd put off buying Dream Cream as at nearly £12 if it just made me itch like every other cream it would not be worth the money, however the last week I've been slapping on the Sudocreme in the attempt to dry it up (my eczema is gets red and sore rather than just dry) and it dried up all the nastiness but I was left with a very dry patch of skin, so as many eczema sufferers recommended and rated it highly I took the risk and decided to purchase it (at last).

 I've only applied this a few times so far but am extremely surprised at how much moisture it has locked into my skin and how soft it has made it. You can still see where the eczema is and I very highly doubt it's going to prevent future flare ups but I'm definitely feeling optimistic about it so far, my skin is definitely feeling a lot smoother and calmer.

As for the Prince Charming shower gel, I have mixed feelings about it and I haven't decided if I really like it. I've used it a few times in the shower and wouldn't really say it smells like anything it is supposed to (marshmallow root,vanilla and fresh pomegranate juice). On a recent review someone said it kind of smells like chocolate orange and I do see what they mean. This smell in my opinion is quite sickly, but in a different way to other sweet scented products by LUSH. Then again, after using Snow Fairy and falling in love with it, I'm not sure any other LUSH shower gels with live up to that standard for me.

I've only used American Cream once and although it smells amazing, I'm not sure it did wonders for my hair. I have quite fluffy/frizzy prone hair and I'm not confident this product will be smoothing enough. Saying that, it left my hair smelling AMAZING, it's supposed to smell like Milkshake and strawberries! I can still smell it in my hair even the day after washing it. I will review this product fully once I've actually made up my mind about whether it was a worthwhile purchase.





Hayley x



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to try some of these products myself now!
    Please can you check out my new blog?
    timeoflacebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should :) I'm loving them so much! And sure :) xx

      Delete