Saturday 1 November 2014

October Summary











October has whizzed by and been an extremely hectic month! With University back in full swing and my dissertation begging for attention, the days and weeks have flown by! Alongside lectures and my dissertation, I've been working on the creation of a new beauty, fashion and healthy lifestyle society at Uni. This society has already enabled me to meet lots of lovely new people and can't wait for all the events we've got planned! Also, I'm very happy to announce, I've adding the finishing touches to my new blog design before I reveal it to you all! By the time this post is published you will have probably seen it and all its loveliness!

During October, I was lucky enough to win two giveaways one from Fashion Union
and Em Sheldon (@emshelx), and another with Cosmo on Campus! Both were lovely prizes and I felt so lucky as I never win anything. Plus, who doesn't love a good parcel?! This links me perfectly onto my next point, I ordered a fair bit from Make up Revolution at the beginning of October. Over the last few months I have heard a lot about the brand and couldn't wait to try a few products, and let me say the products did not disappoint! If you're looking to try something I definitely recommend the eye shadows, I've been using them every single day since they arrived!
Something I got way too excited over this month was the launch of the Lush Christmas and Halloween collection. I love Lush all year round but when they bring out the festive stuff I just can't contain my excitement and I know it's the time of year to start having lots of lovely baths again! I couldn't resist but pick up a few more things this week before the Halloween products are taken out of stores (haul to follow!) and I can't wait to have a lovely relaxing soak in the bath.

Even though I've been busy this month I've had some valuable chances to relax. This week I went to an afternoon tea for a friend's birthday which was absolutely lovely! The week before I also went to a spa evening ran by Neals Yard Remedies consultants which was a great experience, I may have been naughty and spent a bit of money, but I can't wait to try their products! Having time off to chill has really helped this month and I'm hoping if I treat myself to more me time and hopefully it will mean I'll procrastinate less when I actually am meant to be doing work!
My goals this month were to be healthier, crack on with my dissertation and set up my society. I'm happy to say that I've been a bit healthier, got a good understanding of the direction my dissertation is going in and have nearly officially set up my society at University! All in all I've been really enjoying Autumn, despite all the rain here! There have been rare afternoons of sunshine where I've enjoyed strolls and getting some fresh air and de-stressing! Now it's getting darker in the evenings I'm really going to miss my late afternoon walks around the park near my house *sad face*.

November is sure to be another busy month, I'm struggling to comprehend how another year has nearly passed by! In November most of time will be spent doing coursework and my dissertation. However, I'm really looking forward to my Dad and sister coming down to see me and seeing Passenger with my sister (eeeeeeeeek).

Did you do anything exciting this month? What are your goals for November? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment