Thursday 10 September 2015

My Little Box - August













Well this is a bit late but August's My Little Box was my first so I wanted to give a review of my initial impressions of this box and whether it's worth the money! Also the first box takes longer to arrive than normal (not sure why...) so I only received it last week!

I'd already seen the contents of the box so sadly it lacked the element of surprise this month! I'm currently waiting for the September box and resisting temptation to look at the spoilers (if you didn't know already, this box is from France so French subscribers are lucky enough to get theirs a lot earlier in the month!)
The theme of this box was "My Little Gypset box", sort of bohemian summery feel - personally I think it's a bit late for a summer theme as I know quite a lot of us here in the UK are just excepting that we aren't going to be lucky enough to have some sun before the autumn days creep up on us! However, it did have some lovely contents!

The contents of this My Little Box were...

-The magazine (which no one seems to read...)
-A lovely quote postcard (sadly, I've got nowhere to put these up like others do!)
- Drawstring bucket bag
-Bracelet hair bands
-My Little Beauty Bronzer
-Korres Body Milk
-Lip/cheek tint by So Susan

Overall, I think this is a lovely box and most of the items I'll definitely use! As for the bag... now I've seen a lot of a mixed feelings in other blogger's reviews, some have loved it and others have hated it. To be honest, I am not a fan, I don't think I'll end up using it! However, I am not complaining as it won't go unused, it'll either end up as makeup storage or given to a my sister or a friend. 

Personally, my favourite item in the box was the hairband bracelets, I'm forever wearing a hair tie around my wrist so these are perfect as they look a lot nicer and don't dig into your wrist!

As for the makeup, I haven't tried it out long enough to know how I feel about it but what I love about this box is that from reviews I've seen it always seems to have a good variety of products from a range of brands which will give me the opportunity to try out lots of new things!


This box definitely made me think I've made the right decision choosing to subscribe to My Little Box and I'm super excited for the next box and eagerly awaiting the postman to deliver it! I've heard rumors that the next box is a fashion box so I'm very intrigued and impatient to find out what it has to offer!

Are you a subscriber of My Little Box? What did you think of this box? Leave me a comment with your thoughts or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons


Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment