Saturday 31 October 2015

What I Learnt From Blogging Every Day for a Month


October is over which means one thing... Blogtober is over! Ahhh I can't believe I did it! I  managed to blog every single day for whole entire month! As you probably know, I'm not the most consistent of bloggers, I blog when I have time and I blog when I feel like it. Blogging is not my priority, it's a hobby and for the moment it doesn't look like that will change. As much as blogging for a full time job is any bloggers dream, I'm not unrealistic and will keep my priorities in sight. Anyway, away from the negatives. my point being, until lately I would have never had time to blog every day but due to a change in circumstances, I have and as much as I have enjoyed it, it has take up so much time! But here's what I learnt from blogging every day for a month...

1. Traffic
Probably the noticeable thing this month was my increase in traffic, far higher than I've had before. I have no idea what kinda traffic is the average blogger gets, I'm embarrassed to say what it is mind you because I know mine is still so little in comparison to others. But, that's not the point. the point is it all made it worth my time to know more people were seeing my content!

2. Time and Commitment 
So I obviously knew it was going to take up a lot of my time but what really got me was the days where I'd been at work and then came home knowing I hadn't done the blog post. There were some days when I didn't want to spend time out of my evening writing, I just wanted to sit and do nothing. However, using that time to blog made me feel productive and proud that I'd created something. 

3. Quality of posts
I was pleased with all the content I put out, I would never post something on my blog I wasn't happy with. But quality is another matter, there were some posts that probably could have been of a lot better quality and maybe because of blogging everyday the quality of my posts suffered? Although, because I haven't spent hours editing and perfecting them I kinda like that they are just me rambling on and maybe more... relatable? Despite this, I wish I had more time to improve the quality such as taking more of my own photos and adding my personal touch that way which I want to in the future.

4. Chatting with other bloggers
Being a more consistent member of the blogging community means I've talked to a lot more bloggers and consequently means I don't (always) feel like I'm talking to myself!

5. A huge sense of achievement
I committed to blogtober on a bit of a whim, I knew I had enough time to do it so I did. I admit, I had doubts, I thought there may be a few days skipped and a few posts saying "sorry I didn't feel like it today". But no, I did it! I managed it! Not that I thought I wasn't capable, but it does show that if you put your mind and heart into something the results are amazing.

You never know, in the future, I might do another month where I blog everyday, who knows! I might continue to blog every day but not beat myself up when I skip a day or don't feel like writing. One thing is for sure. I want to be more consistent in my blogging and not give up!

Do you think you could blog every day? Maybe you did blogtober too, how did you find it? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment