Saturday 24 October 2015

Current Goals

I'm a strong believer in writing down goals, I think it's motivating and also makes me feel more committed to them. While I obviously have long term goals, I like to make little short term goals to ensure I'm constantly improving myself so I can be the best version of me. Oh the cheesiness. Cheesy, but true, I think self awareness is highly important and your behaviour now can effect your future! I'll stop and get to the point before I get too deep and rambley...

1. Stop snacking! 
I have no idea when this really started but I've become a snack addict. It's not just snacking which is the problem, sometimes you need a little something in between meals, but it's the sugary snacks. I so often find myself heading to the cupboards in need of a sugar fix. It's got to the point where I need to stop. I'm trying to figure out ways to do this but it's so hard!

2. Grow my blog and improve my writing
I talked about this in my blogging goals post which you can read here. This month I've been doing blogtober and it's been amazing how much more traffic my blog has received and also how many more other bloggers I've started chatting to. As much as I have enjoyed posting everyday, I don't think I'm going to have the time to do it after this month! However, it's definitely given me the confidence that I have the ideas for content that people like to read. I think I'm going to aim to post at least 3 times a week... We'll see how that goes!

3. Don't get lazy over winter
It's so tempting to get lazy over winter... well, what am I doing now? I'm wrapped up in a blanket and feeling all cosy. Why? Because the weather outside is disgusting, dull and to be honest has a huge impact on my mood. In terms of laziness I'm mainly talking about exercise, I'm determined to keep fit over winter! Over the summer months. I walked to the beach most days but now it's cold and horrible, I need to find some new ways to exercise! I'm considering setting up the Wii and doing some fitness stuff on there, obviously it's nothing as strenuous as going to the gym but it'll mean I'm getting some exercise.

4. Read more books!
I miss reading so much, whilst at Uni I never had time to read anything but text books and journal papers, but now I'm not studying I really want to start reading lots of books again and spent some time with my kindle! I've posted my current reading list recently, so take a look here!

5. Be tidy and get rid of clutter I don't need and don't buy more things I don't need!
It's weird, in my head I want to be tidy and have everything perfect, but in reality I am not a tidy person. I think also now having moved somewhere smaller the mess is more noticeable...the mess isn't distributed! I really need to have a sort out of all my belongings and ask myself But do I really need this? Also I can't be the only one that seems to buy useless clutter that sits around and never gets used, whether it be stationery or clothes!

I might do an update on how I get on with these goals, maybe you'll see a book review to prove it or continue to see lots more content on my blog! Do you set yourself small goals to try and achieve? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment