Thursday 29 October 2015

Childhood Nostalgia - TV shows

Ah wasn't childhood so much simpler? No bills to pay and no jobs to go to! I must admit this post was sparked by the fact I'm having mashed potato for dinner and my boyfriend and I started discussing other shows we missed from our childhood. And we now can't stop singing the Mona the Vampire theme tune. Crazy Thursday night huh! So here's a little post dedicated to the childhood tv that I loved and the ones that really stand out in my mind! 
1. Bodger and Badger! 
Is it just me that every time I have mashed potato thinks of the theme tune to this programme?! 
2. Tracey Beaker
I think every girl that is now around my age (21) has fond memories of coming home and watching Tracey Beaker and also just being overall obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson. I remember queuing for hours to meet her at a book shop to have her sign my book!
3. Funny Bones
Kinda creepy and don't really remember what it was about but the theme tune just reminds me of being little! In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house,and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs...
4. Noah's Island
Again, don't really remember a lot about this one either but I know it was one of those shows I adored! Always having been obsessed with all animals big and small so this cartoon was right down my street!
5. Little Bear
The show about the cutest little bear and his friends won my heart. The little grizzly bear always wanted to explore and go on adventures and it was always a favourite of mine.
5. The Herbs 
I don't know if this was shown on TV, but we definitely had it on video - do kids now even know what a video tape is?! Apparently this was first released in the 60s! It was basically about a Lion called Parsley and his friends also named after herbs!
6. Come Outside
Forget cartoons and the modern shows such as pepper pig, Come Outside was where it was at! This is possibly my favourite out of the whole list. Pippin the dog is just so incredibly adorable!
7. Arthur
Getting home from a long day at school then watching this... oh yeaaaah. Never really understood what Arthur was until I was a lot older though!
8. Mona the Vampire
Show us your fangs! Another after school favourite of mine that I remember watching with my sister!

What were your favourite TV shows as a child? Do you remember watching any of the above? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbutttons 

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment