Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Pressures of Blogging


 At the beginning of this year I started blogging as something I thought would be fun to do in my spare time around University. It was so thrilling to see my page views creep up as unknown people visited my blog. I viewed blogging as a tool that would help me new gain new skills in a relaxed way and that maybe I'd eventually earn the exciting privileges that other bloggers get.

But Ive got to admit I can't help but feel that some of the fun is taken out of blogging by the pressure to be better than others. It is a community but everyone is competing and although it is supportive, can we really all achieve the dream? And I guess everyone's dream is different but it seems like everyone has a blog they want the world to see, but that's just a problem there is with the ever growing social media use and people wanting to find ways to express themselves.

I wish I had more time for blogging, because, I know if I did the improvements I could make would be spectacular (that sounded way more big headed than intended)! However,  my university work comes first and it always has, but sadly my blog does suffer because of this. I don't have the time to be posting everyday and I definitely cannot afford a big fancy camera at the moment!

I absolutely adore blogging, however, I think sometimes it good to take a step back. I have to admit I have felt the blogging pressure lately, I want my people to read what I write and I want others to know my opinion.While the pressure is there to post constantly and gain high volumes of traffic, you need to reflect and remember why you started blogging and not take it too seriously and hopefully *fingers crossed* good things will come in time without the worry!

At the end of the day, writing is something I'm extremely passionate about, doing it full time an incredible lifestyle, but that doesn't necessarily have to be blogging. I aim to put my skills I have learnt and continue to learn from blogging to good use in a career setting. Starting a blog has reminded me how much I love to write and the thrill it gives me and has given me a new direction for the future.

Do you feel the blogging pressure? How do you deal with the competition in the blogging world? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons 

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment