Wednesday 26 November 2014

NYC Blush Review

 On first glance this blush seems a pretty pink that would add a flush of colour and would be great for a natural glow. Well, I admit I was slightly disappointed with this product and it is, sadly, isn't what I'd usually look for in a blush. 

This blush by NYC retails at £2.99 and is available in Superdrug. I tested out the shade 649 Prospect Park Rose. It's a very pale pinky shade with some subtle shimmer running through it. 

PROS

Perfect for no makeup makeup days 
This blush is very wearable and would be great for someone who is starting to experiment with makeup. As the colour isn't hugely pigmented it's perfect for those are scared of being too heavy handed and bold with their blush. The colour is very natural and just adds a little bit of colour to the cheeks.

I love the little brush that comes with this product
  I don't know if its just me but I love when a product comes with a brush I just think cute!

Highlight
Although for reasons I state below I don't think I'd wear this much myself, I can actually maybe see myself using it as a highlighter instead, I think the shimmer of the product would look really nice on the top of the cheekbones.



CONS

Pigmentation
This product is not as pigmented as I'd like a blush to be, although I'd like to try the other colours in the range to see if this is the case with all of them.

Cheap packaging
 I hate packaging of this blush, like really hate. It feels so cheap and plastic and like it may snap. I know obviously you get what you pay for, but, Makeup Revolution blushers, for example, are cheaper and the quality of the packaging is far better!

Waste of time and money product?
Looking at the photo I don't think this product does any thing for my complexion, yes it gives a little bit of glow but it's just nothing special. Maybe this product would look a bit better in the summer when I have a tan?


Overall, this blush is nothing spectacular but for the price you can't really complain too much! If you're starting out in makeup this would be a good alternative to a more a expensive pigmented blush as it would be good to experiment with!

Have you tried anything from the brand NYC? Let me know your thoughts in the comments or tweet me @_bowsandbuttons


Hayley x  







This review was for Beauty Product Testing 






No comments:

Post a Comment