Thursday 22 May 2014

The Body Shop; Banana Shampoo + Conditioner




A while ago these products caught my eye; The Body Shop, Banana Shampoo and Conditioner. I'd resisted buying them as I always have a stash of shampoos and conditioners,  I tend just to buy whatever is on offer (poor student problems!). However, I popped in to look at the new raspberry collection and well, got distracted, smelt these again and could not resist. I was really intrigued by the fact they were banana scented, it's not very often you see banana scented products and I love tropical fruity scents so I thought these might be worth a try.

Back in September The Body Shop had a student event which they were giving out the beauty cards (normally £5) for free which means for a year I've had the membership and when I was in store buying these they had extra discount for membership holders! However, they always have online offers so you rarely pay full price and for the money these are completely worth it. These retail at £4.50 each which is super affordable, especially considering the miracles these have performed for the condition of my hair. 

PROS

Firstly, I've got to say I would definitely repurchase this product! If you're like me, this is a big thing, I tend to rarely find products that I love enough that I will repurchase them! However, it does have it's not so brilliant points, but it makes up for these in so many other ways. The most noticeable change this made to my hair is how unbelievably soft and conditioned it leaves it feeling, having frizzy wavy hair this is very important!

Secondly, I'll be honest with you, I am one of those people who prefers only to wash their hair only three times a week and these products leave my hair so fresh that between washes my hair doesn't get greasy! It gets rid of any product build up and really cleanses the hair, if you wash your hair daily but want to train your hair to be washed less often I think this would be a great product to try out.

Finally, what always makes me a bit skeptical is when a product states for "all hair types", like skin, everyone's hair has different needs. However, saying that, I would say this actually would be suitable for any hair types, it keeps the greasiness away but is also very moisturizing, so I can imagine it would be ideal for someone with oily or dry hair! Maybe it was wrong of me to be skeptical?

CONS

Now, I love almost everything about the product, except how it actually feels when using it in the shower and at the wet hair stage. It does not detangle and feels a bit slimey before drying. For me, having long hair, it's essential that a conditioner detangles, however this really doesn't do the job. This is the one thing about this product that really bothers me and why I'd perhaps choose to use another product over this one.

Another thing which slightly bothers me is the smell; it isn't particularly amazing, or as strong as when you smell it in the bottle and it smells rather artificial. However, since using LUSH products I am critical of this as I have become accustomed to very heavily scented products and use of fresh ingredients. For the price though it does a darn good job!


 Overall, I'd highly recommend this product to anyone, it is really worth the price and I would definitely buy this products again. Only negative is the fact it doesn't detangle my hair which is a major let down and may make me choose another product over these such as my beloved Dove conditioners.


Have you tried any other shampoos or conditioners from The Body shop? Or got any recommendations?

Hayley x 


No comments:

Post a Comment