Thursday 7 January 2016

Dear 2016...


Dear 2016,

We need to talk and get things straight. I'm sorry we haven't got off to the best start. That's partly my fault but you and fate play a part too. 

I couldn't face making resolutions when I don't even have the basic things I want in life at the moment. A job and opportunities. Don't tell me I'm not looking because I am but nothing seems to be falling into place. Don't tell me that things are going to work out in the end because I'm losing hope and need some cooperation before I feel like giving up. 

2016, in order for us to get along I'm going to try hard to make this work. But some luck would be helpful too! If I try my best to build experience and seek opportunity, in return will you take this year down a more positive path. 

You're such a year of uncertainty, the first full year that I won't be in education, the security bubble of that has well and truly burst! The uncertainty is what worries me and I know I'm only 21 and I shouldn't be worrying about what I want to do with the rest of my life but I am. 

So if we're going to get on we need to get things sorted now and start heading in the right direction. So no resolutions, just a letter and reminder to be positive and embrace what this year throws at me. A ramble to look back on and make me feel grateful that hopefully things are better than they are now. 

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment