Saturday 20 September 2014

"Be the best version of you"


Today, I saw this quote, I can't quite put my finger on where, most likely when flicking through my twitter feed or in someone's bio! It got me thinking about a few things and I believe this quote contains so much truth.

I often struggle between what to do in the present and working towards the future, I guess to some people they sound like the same thing, but to me they really are quite on different pages. You see, it's  the difference between working on what I love today such as blogging or to spend long hours editing my CV which will help me bag my dream job some day (does that make any sense to anyone?!)

Let just say, this quote just makes me realise the to be the best version of me, I have to work towards it, it's not a future goal and it's not the present. I need to work on being the best version of me and this means making the most of everyday to work towards a the best me I can be.

This year for me, I admit, is going to be a struggle I need to complete my degree with a good classification but I also need to work towards finding a job at the same time. For me, although I would be proud of getting the top grades, I want to be happy knowing I have some plans for post uni. The last thing I want is for this time next year to be sat here writing about how disappointed I am with myself and that I'm unemployed and unhappy.

I guess this quote just made me realise to get the most out of everyday, that way, I can ensure my future is how I envision it!

Well, that was a bit deep but sometimes reflection is needed to move forward and to see that although progress seems slow hard work is what is needed! What's your attitude to long term goals and looking to the future or do you just live for the moment?

Hayley x


No comments:

Post a Comment