Saturday 27 September 2014

Botanics Micellar Water Review


All the hype surrounding micellar waters is starting to die down, but I'm not going to lie I don't feel any brand has brought out one that is perfect for me! I may be hard to please but I want to find one that I will happily repurchase and repurchase, as let's face it, it's not the most exciting thing to buy! I must confess I haven't tried the cult classic that is Bio Derma, yes maybe I should, but, I want something that I can easily just pick up from the high street.

To be honest, my first impression of this product was not great. After on off using this product for a few weeks it didn't seem to be doing the job, it smudged make up around the face which was then stubborn to remove and I ended up getting rid of the rest with a makeup wipe. However, I've continued using this and realised, compared to a lot other micellar waters you really need to let it soak into your lashes before trying to get rid of makeup and I find you have to use quite a lot of product!

However, if you do have sensitive skin this is very gentle. I've had no problems what so ever with this changing my skin in anyway like breaking me out and drying out my skin.

For me, a micellar water should just melt away makeup effortlessly! I've tried a few micellar waters out and so far my favourite is the Garnier one. The best one at removing makeup was definitely the L'Oreal one but it was just too harsh for my sensitive skin! 

So, again, I'm back to phase one, I need a new micellar water! Let me know your suggestions and which ones you've tried!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment