Sunday 24 August 2014

Drugstore Haul




Only this morning I was telling myself I need start saving money and then I fell into Superdrug and this happened. Well, I technically saved money cause a few of the things were on offer, right?

Bit of a random combination of random bits of pieces but here you go...

Superdrug Coconut Oil 

A while back I asked on Twitter how to get rid of acne scars, a lot, well the majority in fact, said to try using coconut oil. This had always been at the back of my mind but I hadn't really tried looking for it and hadn't seen it in the shops, until today, it was actually with the hair stuff but says you can use it on skin too so I'm going to give it a whirl. At only £1.49 (currently on offer) it's not exactly breaking the bank and if I don't like it on my skin I'll try using it on my hair!

got2b Heat Protection

Now, this is one thing I am terrible at doing and the worst thing is I know how bad heat is on my poor hair... but I'm usually just too lazy to do it. Plus at the moment I only have small travel size ones and can never find them. I think this product is recently released so was on offer...okay, no wait, the stupid offer didn't go through, great, I believe it was meant to be on offer for £1.99 but it went through at £2.66 which y'know still isn't a bad price for a heat protectant. I've never tried any of the got2b hair range, however, when I got home I did realise it's in fact Schwarzkopf which I haven't had the best experience with their hair dye... we shall see, I'm sure a review will be up in a few weeks!

Barry M Nail Paint "Raspberry"

I've been dieing to wear darker colours on my nails, I've just got a bit bored of summery pastels and bright colours as I don't like my nails to be too in your face. I've seen this colour and nearly bought it a few times but managed to control myself but well, it just magically hopped into my basket...

got2b Oil-licious Tame & Shine Styling Oil

The story behind this one is that I wanted some Argan oil but it was £2.99 for 10ml (yes really!) and I was not going to pay that much then this one caught my eye and said it's got Argan oil in it! So, I thought I'd get a bit more for my money. This was on offer for £2.66 (I think it's normally £3.99!) for 50ml! Talking of Argan oil though, I've heard it's meant to do wonders and am also really excited about trying out the new Body Shop Wild Argan Oil range (check it out here)

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara

So, the big eyes mascara is a relatively new release from Maybelline, it has two brushes, one for upper lashes and one for lower lashes. Personally I love the idea as I can never get my lower lashes perfect with a normal brush.. they kinda look quite spidery but this claims to "magnify tiny lashes". I've heard a few bloggers and Youtubers mention this mascara, although mainly I've got the gist that it's best getting it for the lower lash end... we shall see! I haven't yet tried a Maybelline mascara that I haven't liked and used up!

L'Oreal Super liner in "Intense Black"

Now, I have wanted to purchase this eyeliner for a while, but have always told myself it's not worth paying the money when you can get a Collection one for £2.99 which happily does the same job. Well, I needed a replacement Collection eyeliner but there wasn't a single one, I even got the nice Superdrug lady to check underneath (do you ever do this without asking if no one's looking? I never have, I don't have the guts but I've heard beauty bloggers say they do!). I was in such a strop that they didn't have it I decided it was fate and I had to spend the extra money and try it out! I have heard a lot of good things about it though..

L'Oreal Matt and Messy Salt Spray

This is an old favourite of mine, it helps tame the frizz and curl and help you get the purposely done messy look. I've got a few bottles back at my Uni house but am desperate to start using it again get beachy looking hair. I absolutely adore the little bottle it comes in too!

Have you tried any of these products? What products would you like to see reviewed?

Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment